I hoped to have a picture of the finished graduation quilt top for today’ post, but I went backing shopping and came home with BRIGHT ORANGE fabric which will not go on the graduation quilt. It’s getting a dusty black. So, between now and next Thursday, I need to finish the top, pin it and the backing to the zippers, figure out how I’m going to quilt it and decide on a thread color.
Orca Bay is not quilted either. But I know what thread color I’m going to use (purple on the top, orange on the bottom) and have the backing fabric. I just need to decide how I’m going to quilt it, make the backing, and pin it to the zippers by the Wednesday after I quilt the graduation quilt.
The third thing I wanted to do in April was make 30 stars for my Star-A-Day quilt. That didn’t happen either. In fact, no stars were made in April.
What did I accomplish? 35 blocks towards the graduation quilt; 2 blocks toward my postage stamp quilt; cut 1-1/2″ charms for the PSQ swap; planted a container vegetable garden (cucumbers & spinach or carrots popped through the dirt today to go with the lettuce from earlier in the week); cleared out a bit of “junk” via Craigslist and Ebay (who knew the price of a vintage ashtray would be more than a few bucks?) ; and worked part of 3 weekends.
- 350 Block Report: 37
- UFO Busting Report
- # of Projects in Process April 1st: 63
- # of Projects Completed: 0
- # of new Projects started: 0
- # of Projects in Process April 30th: 63
So, what’s up for May?
- Finish the graduation quilt by the 16th
- Finish Orca Bay
- Trace and cut stars for the Star-Every-Other-Day Quilt (I’m not even certain I can pull that off – we’ll have to see)
- Regroup on Sew Scrappy – I want to know where I am and what’s left to be done when I go to Retreat in June.
- Cut squares from my recycled shirts and associated solids for 3 different Disappearing 9-patches in preparation for the Retreat.
In between all of this, I’m attending my niece senior presentation, working one weekend, going to her graduation, babysitting my garden and of course continuing to work full time (I’m taking 2 afternoons off to rent time on the longarm). I probably need to fit in laundry and cooking as well.
I promise to find a picture of something for my next blog post. Thanks for reading this far.