Some of you may remember. The week before I left for my June quilt retreat I received an e-mail asking when the picture of “Gift Wrapped” would be available. My first thought was “Huh?” Then I dug through my e-mails and realized that in January I had committed to making this quilt but I couldn’t start working on it until “spring”.
A mad dash to Hobby Lobby for fabrics, a weekend of intensive piecing, another week to get it quilted and I finished Gift Wrapped.
- King Tut Morning Sky thread on top
- Bottom Line pre-wound bobbins in Gold
- Measures 63″ x 84″ after washing
- In the background I used Double Plume by Keryn Emmerson
- The “bows” have continuous curves
- The “ribbon” has “figure 8s”
- Batting is Hobbs Tuscany Collection 100% Bleached Cotton
The pattern is in this month’s issue of The Quilt Pattern Magazine. Also in the magazine this is the 2nd part of Cardinal Points, a mystery quilt in 6 parts.