First up is this top which I completed Saturday night. These blocks are from a 2008 swap I participated in.
This past weekend I also prepped two quilts for quilting. The one on the left I need to have finished in the next 3 1/2 weeks, so naturally I’m going to do the one on the right first. All kidding aside, my plan is to quilt them both alike, so the floral will be my practice quilt.
There was a bit of bad weather through here during the early evening, so I thought I would do a bit of treadling — I haven’t done any since the 5th – but I had not sliced up my strip sets. So I did 12 of them – 6 for last week and 6 for this week. But I still need to rip out one seam before I can start sewing again….
But the weather cleared up and I needed to clear my ironing board to do a bit of clothes pressing (I don’t do that often). The left over fabric from the Kansas Troubles 4-patch Stacked Posies was on top, so I made a pillow case. That cuff used the last bit of red fabric that I bought and I think I may only have a F8 left of the blue. I have plenty of the floral, so I’ll use it for the binding.
With this week’s sewing I finished 10 spool blocks. I need to make either 100 or 130 more before I start sewing them into blocks.
The plan for this week is to work on Sew Scrappy, get the two quilts quilted and bound and get 12 Scrappy Trips blocks made. Who knows what will really get done.
Check out what others are doing by following the links over at Patchwork Times.