4 or 5 years ago I made this quilt top from Bonnie Hunter’s free pattern Star Struck. It measures 64″ x 80″. My intention was to eventually quilt it and bind it in either red or blue when I got that far. Last night I started packing up the quilt tops I’m sending to Vicki and I thought about this one. It’s too big for the purposes of Country School Quilters, but with the removal of 4 rows it’s about right — 48″ x 64″.
But now I have 32 “orphan blocks” and there’s room in the box for one more quilt top.
I dug through my neutral stash and made this ‘Boston Commons’ layout with the rest of the stars. – 3/4 of yard of fabric from my stash, no orphan blocks and two quilt tops for the quilters to give to the veteran’s hospital.
It’s a win all the way around.
UFO Count (Quilts in Progress + Tops to Be Quilted): 63 down from 69 January 1st.