I’ve finished the Scrappy Irish Chain. I used the pattern from Bonnie Hunter’s Adventures in Leaders and Enders. The 4 patches were done as leaders/enders — but for two other quilts that I decided I wanted a different look to. So, I repurposed the 4-patches, found a length of background fabric and completed the quilt top. It had to age before it was ready to be a quilt.
- Repurposed the 4-patches 3/21/12
- Completed the top 10/11/12
- 1593 pieces / about 6 yards of fabric – all from stash
- Wide backing (works out to about 5 yards of 45″ wide fabric) – the only new fabric
- 8 – 2½” strips for binding – from stash
- Warm & Natural batting
- Superior Omni Thread – Light Tan in the top
- Used just over 3 Super Bob – Cream(?) pre-wound bobbins
- Continuous Curves in the dark part of the chain
- Alternative blocks quilted with G1-10 from Pam Clarke’s book Quilting Inside the Lines
- Quilted in two sessions on May 9th & 10th (about 4½ hours total)
- Finished binding May 13, 2014
- Quilt top measured 68″ x 83 before washing and 63″ x 79″ after
- Quilted on a rented Nolting long arm – I can’t remember which one.
- Made a pillowcase to go with it from the backing and binding.