Off and on all week I’ve been working on the shirt backing. I’m cutting 10-1/2″ and 5-1/2″ squares, then from what’s left, I’m cutting 2″ and 1-1/2″ strips. The rest of the shirt goes into my shirt scrap box. Ideally, I need 90 large squares and 20 small squares as I need the backing to be 95″ x 100″. I think I’ve got 24 large squares cut so far.
But I felt the need to piece. So instead of pulling out any of my numerous UFOs that could be worked on, I pulled out Tuscan Sun, the JoAnn BOM from 2006 that my mom collected.
I didn’t get far. The pieces are pre-cut, so no thought required there and just what I needed. Unfortunately, either the cutting was off or my piece was off. I suspect it’s a little bit of both. Each quarter section is supposed to measure 8″ unfinished. They do not. So this is going to require a bit of thinking. For now, I think the whole thing is going to get put back in its packaging and put back on the shelf.
But I did make progress on the Tumblers.
A group of 8’s sewn into a group of 16 (there is a dark tumbler just outside of the picture on the left.)
Now back to cutting shirts.
See what others are working on over at Patchwork Times.