I may not have sat at the sewing machine much in June, but I made the most of the time I had at the machine.
The smaller of the three Disappearing 9-Patches became a top:
About 1/3 of the second DP9 blocks are made and 22 of the Sew Scrappy Blocks are done:
3 Star-A-Day Blocks were made:
That’s 165 blocks for the Prairie Moon Quilts 350 Block Project.
There is nothing to report on for the UFO Parade, but others had finishes in June.
So what’s on the agenda for July and the 3rd Quarter? Well, more than I realistically can get done even if we weren’t still working in the backyard, aka “The Jungle”.
On deck are the following.
- Finish the red DP9. What’s not on the design wall is sitting here next to the sewing machine.
- The Green DP9 is currently my travel project — not that I have lots of plans for traveling.
- Finish the Sew Scrappy top. All that is left is the rest of these blocks. I need 38 more, then I can start assembling the quilt top.
- I would like to get Diamond Links finished. The last couple of rows and the borders need quilting.
- Finally, in July I’d like to get more stars made for the Star-A-Day quilt.
The rest of the 3rd Quarter goals for the 2015 Finish-A-Long include new projects (shh! I’m supposed to be working on my UFOs.)
UFOs are on my list. These tops need borders, more blocks, or setting together (the orange and purple is Orca Bay and it was finished in May!)
Candy Sunflower Seeds, Star-A-Day , String HST, Sister Swap Blocks, Alphabet BOM
And last, but not least there are quilts that are partially quilted.
Cream & Green swap, Whitework, Hancock Star BOM, a quilted sweatshirt & the Compass Lone Star
Along the way I’ll be working on the new Bonnie Hunter Leader/Ender Challenge – Tumblers. I’ve already started by cutting a tumblers from my 2-1/2″ shirt strips that were previously designated at “Rectangle Wrangler” so this does not add to my UFO count.
Well, I’m off to stitch a few DP9 blocks to say I’ve sat at my sewing machine today.