Since this is the 4th of July, I thought I would start with a picture of my red, white & blue Ladder to the Stars and Gracie that I took this morning. Ladder to the Stars was worked on in several stages. Started in 2009, the blocks came together quickly, but then the pieced sashing required thought and it was nearly 5 months later before I got them made and the center of the quilt assembled. It was another 3 months before I got the borders on the top. Then it sat for 3 years before I got it quilted. It was finished in 2013.
The short answer to the June UFO report is that I started with 63 UFOs and I finished June with 63 UFOs. The only change is that one quilt moved from the Work in Progress list to the To Be Quilted list. So I’m going to recap the first 6 months of the year.
January 1st I started off with 36 quilts in progress, I’ve started 5 new projects, declared 1 orphan blocks and finished 7 quilt tops bringing my total Works in Progress to 33 as of June 30th.
The year started off with 33 quilt top waiting to be quilted, those 7 quilt tops I finished were added to the list, I personally quilted and finished 5 quilt tops and donated 5 quilt tops bringing my total to 30.
So in summary I’m making progress I’m down 6 projects for the year.