Yesterday was gorgeous – sunny, light breeze, 74 degrees – not something you see often in Kansas City in February, but it was perfect for a quilt photoshoot. Ever since we cleared the jungle, I wanted to hang a line to hang quilts on. It took two tries, as the weight of the quilt caused the first line to sag.
This quilt is made from recycled shirts with the exception of the blue accent squares and binding. Even the back is from recycled shirts.
I started this quilt January 5, 2016, finished the top February 24, 2016, then started working on the backing. I finished the backing some time in June 2016 — possibly at the quilt retreat I went on. Then the quilt sat, ageing, until I pulled it out this January and began quilting it on my treadle machine.
The binding was applied and stitched down on my main machine. I also made a pillowcase to go with the quilt using the binding fabric and a shirting that I bought a whole bolt of 10-15 years ago.
This is my first finish for 2017 and is one of my 1st Quarter Finish Along Goals.