Actually, the music baby quilt is finished and delivered. I’ve called it Lullaby for Chloe, as this was a gift for the high school orchestra director’s newborn daughter Chloe.
The center went together quite quickly as did the final borders and quilting once I got the embroidery done.
The batting is Warm and Natural. The quilting thread is cairo-quilt 100% cotton in Honey Gold. I quilted it on my DSM. Straight stitching through the chain, stitch in the ditch around the border, echoing of the top, bottom and middle staff line in the border and then an eighth-note in the background. (Click on the pictures to see the detail.)
The backing is a piece of baby animal music fabric I bought back when I made Ted’s music quilt. It wasn’t quite wide enough so I added a strip of gold to either side.
- Quilt started 3/15/14
- Top completed 4/29/14
- Quilt completed 5/3/14
Next up – prepping the backing for two quilts I’m quilting Friday and Saturday.
Hop over to Patchwork Times to see what others are working on.