This is the center of Jared Takes a Wife, a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter. It was at the top of my list of quilts to work on at the retreat. The blocks just needed two seams each and the cornerstones were cut. But then I discovered I completely forgot a quilt which a “real” deadline, so that quilt went to the top of the list, so I didn’t pull JTAW out until either Friday or Saturday mid-morning.
Anyway after the blocks were finished and the sashing sewn to one edge, it was time to figure out which cornerstone went where and I discovered I was 5 short and now it’s Saturday evening and there are no open quilt shops. One of the retreaters had a piece of black fabric and I decided I could put matching cornerstones in the corners and the center and it would be OK.
As I started sewing the sashing on to the last row of blocks I realized I was really short 10 cornerstones and I really didn’t want matching stones on the bottom of the quilt. So, this got tucked away and I worked on something else.
Last night I dug through my fabric and found 10 more black fabrics for cornerstones. I replaced the two on the top row, leaving the one in the “center” so I now have 30 unique cornerstones. Who knew I had that many black fabrics.
All that is left now is a narrow pink inner border and then the wide paisley border. Perhaps I’ll get that done tomorrow, but I do need to make the backing for the forgotten quilt and sandwich Eeyore so I can start to quilt it.