Quilting and Stuff by Knitnoid

A New Finish

PurpleThanglesBOM

 

Monday afternoon I rented time on the long arm and quilted this little quilt.  After washing it measures about 39″ square.  The pieced blocks were part of a Thangles BOM that I started in 2008. I only used 5 of the 12 blocks because I didn’t think all 12 of them went together well.  Another 5 are in another quilt and there are two which I suspect will end up in the orphan block box.

The batting is Hobbs Bleached Tuscany.  I used Superior’s Omni Thread in Verbena on the top and a lavender pre-wound bobbin in the bottom. For quilting, I did a “feathery” fill in the red squares, 1/2 feathers and echo around the pieced blocks, curved outlining of the black pieces in the blocks and attempted a circular filler in the borders.

I found a printed plaid in my stash that worked well for the backing.

PurpleThanglesBOMBacking

 

This quilt is on several of my UFO goal lists for the year, including the 2014 Finish Along sponsored by The Littlest Thistle. I’ll update the link when I  link up.

Here’s the link to the 2nd Quarter Finish Party over at The Littlest Thistle and my 2nd Qtr list.

One Thought on “A New Finish

  1. Congrats on your finishes :)

Post Navigation