I’m bouncing all over the place this week. This is nearly half of the blocks I’ll use as the background for the crossword puzzle quilt. I still need to piece the rest of the blocks I’ve got cut out, and I think due to a miscalculation on my part, I need to make another 8 blocks. Over the weekend I picked up 5 more FQs. I’ve said it before, but at this point, this is it. If I don’t have enough fabric, the quilt will simply be smaller. The good news is I have final confirmation of the last name I need to include in the quilt. Isabelle, my sister’s granddaughter to be was born last night. So, once I get the rest of the blocks pieced I’ll figure out the final block arrangement.
But, since at this time I’m only aiming for a quilt top by the end of may and I have time booked to use the long arm next week, I’ve got to get at least one more quilt top done.
These are the strips sewn into pairs for a Strip Twist quilt. Since this picture was taken Sunday afternoon, they’ve been pressed open and matched up to sewn into sets of 4. Tonight is the Guild meeting, but I hope to get the strip sets sewn afterwards.
Finally my Peacock BQ2 quilt is finished! OK, it still needs a label, but that’s the least of my worries. This is quilt # 3 in my 10 by June.
I made this quilt top in May 2009 – but then had no idea how to quilt it. Honestly, I still didn’t know what I was going to do until my husband suggested loopy flowers. I had my doubts, but it works. Sure, feathers would have been cool, but since I’m giving this quilt to my aunt, I wanted to make sure it looked good – or at least not embarrassing.
Hop over to Patchwork Times for links to other design walls.