Quilting and Stuff by Knitnoid

Category Archives: Stash Busting Report

Stash Report Week #5

This week I finished the Heart Appliqué wall hanging, using 1 1/4 yards from my stash. I also cut the strips for Strip Twist and if my math is correct, that’s another 5 yards for 20 blocks. So, 6 1/4 used this week.

On the other hand, I picked up the background fabric – twice – to go with the Fairy Frost I bought two weeks ago, along with the inner border and binding. I currently think I want to use FF Denim and it’s not in the current sample book at my LQS. Three yards of the brown fabric I bought with nothing in mind brings my weekly purchase to 9 1/2 yards.

Fabric Added this Week: 9 1/2 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 21 1/2 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 13 yards

Net Stash: +8 1/2 yards

Stash Report Week #4

This week I quilted and bound the mystery quilt that I’m presenting at a retreat in April. I also made 5 blocks for a BOM quilt. 3 will be used in the store sample, the other 2 were in ‘test fabrics’. On the other hand yesterday my quilting buddies and I went to several shops. The primary reason was to sign up for the Kansas Trouble Stash Society — that’s not going to help me bust stash — oh well. Anyway, I only came home with two patterns, a package of appliqué needles and 2 yards of fabric – Mardi Gras frogs. I’m going to use that for backing on my Old Tobacco Road Quilt which I’m doing in yellow, green & purple.

Fabric Added This Week: 2.0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 12 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 2 ⅞ yards
Fabric Used to Date: 6 ⅞ yards

Net Stash: +5 ⅛


Weekly Stash Report

If my goal is to reduce my stash, I seem to be going backwards. I only used ¼ yard on the sweatshirt. There was another ¼ yard pulled for a narrow border on a baby quilt, and the 1 ½ yards for the backing and binding. The quilt is quilted and the binding is made. I should be able to get it in the mail on Tuesday.

There were two fabric purchases this week. Last Sunday I purchased a few FQs to round out a bundle I got at Thanksgiving. I also picked up some dragon fly fabric that I had been looking for. Then today, I stopped in at Heritage Fine Fabrics and spotted two things. The first is the pattern Sunset by Sunflower Hill Designs the second is Kona Bay Print in the pic.

Needless to say I thought the two would work well together and started pulling Fairy Frost FQs to go with it. I still need the background and will probably use a Moda Marbles for the background.

Fabric Added This Week: 8.5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 10 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 2 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 4 yards

Net Stash: +6


Stash Report

Not a whole lot of quilting was done this week. However I did cut 6″ charms from my music fabric collection to send to Tammy for her son’s graduation quilt. But then this weekend I hit two quilt stores with friends while out of town. Fortunately most of the fabric was bought TODAY so, I have work to do this week.

Fabric Added This Week: 1 1/2 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 1 1/2 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 1 1/2 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 2 yards


Stash Report

I have no idea how much stash I have, although I do know where it all is. This picture was taken several months ago. There is a bit more on the shelves now. About all I completed was 2 12″ Flying Dutchmen blocks for a block lotto.

So, this weeks report is as follows

Fabric Added This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 1/2 yard
Fabric Used to Date: 1/2 yard